Sunday, November 1, 2020

Marcus Aurelius's Meditations

I read Aurelius's Meditations for my Dewey Decimal Challenge. This book knocks out the 100-199 group. I think I only have the 200s left. I might read Hans Küng's The Catholic Church: A Short History to finish off the challenge. Here's the review of Meditations I put on Goodreads. I gave it three stars. Mostly yawn:
 
Book 1: Longest Oscar speech ever. 
Book 2: Life is short and you're gonna die. 
Book 3: You get old and senile then who cares. 
Book 4: All you need is yourself. Screw everybody else. 
Book 5: Get the f^ck out of bed and work, or: Marcus Aurelius as the first Calvinist. 
Book 6: Embrace the suck. 
Book 7: Death by quotations: Everyone else said better stuff. 
Book 8: You can't fight Nature. 
Book 9: Mind your own damn business. You're gonna die anyway. 
Book 10: Reflect on yourself and your soul. 
Book 11: Doctor Aurelius, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying about Others. 
Book 12: Don't be a jerk, or no one will care when you, inevitably, die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...