Sunday, November 15, 2020

A Good Man in Africa

 Can't quite remember what brought me to William Boyd's book. Maybe a WSJ review? I was reading something about him somewhere and thought immediately of Graham Greene and Tom Sharpe. Decided on A Good Man in Africa after a quick read over the book's description. 


Hilarious. I will read more from Boyd. There's one particular scene here that reminded me of my ROTFL while reading Sharpe's Wilt. This book is a bit of Wilt mixed with Greene's The Honorary Consul. Wonderful. 

In other news, W&P continues. I think I'm just over 60% done, and that's page 780 or so. Never ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...