Saturday, October 24, 2020

Been a while

 Sorry dear reader(s), it's been a while. War and Peace is dragggggggging. Almost 50%. Meanwhile had to read something different so I quickly read Permafrost by Alastair Reynolds, one of my favorite hard scifi authors. Permafrost was a quick read, which I needed. Highly recommended.

Besides W&P just started Marcus Aurelius's Meditations. Needed something in the 100-199 for my Dewey Decimal challenge. It's ok. I've got a funny running review going that I'll publish when I'm done. 

Language-wise, just submitted the first homework for Lesson 6 in Coptic. I dropped the Hittite class. It was too much with the Coptic. We finally got to independent pronouns so can say things like I am an angel of God (ⲁⲛⲅ̅-ⲟⲩⲁⲅⲅⲉⲗⲟⲥ ⲛ̅ⲧⲉ ⲡⲛⲟⲩⲧⲉ). We'll be on this lesson for three weeks, then apparently the real fun starts with verbs!

Still learning Sinhala from my lifeguard friend. Phrases are coming more naturally, but haven't been swimming due to an injury, so I'll have to review before I go back to the pool on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...