Friday, December 1, 2023

November 2023

 Books read:

  • Earthly Powers, by Anthony Burgess. Best book of the month.
  • No Country for Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy. Two great books in a row!
  • The Breast, by Philip Roth. Weird. Strange. Somehow a Campus Novel.
  • The Once and Future King, by T.H. White. Long but good, except the last little bit. Ok, I get it!
  • True Grit, by Charles Portis. This month is rocking!
  • King Rat, by China Mieville. Weird but good, a la Mieville.
  • American Psycho, by Bret Easton Ellis. Ok, month ruined.
Books bought:
  • Dubliners, by James Joyce. One dollar Kindle deal, because I need to read it one day.
  • American Psycho. Wife's choice in the family book club.
  • The Campus Trilogy, by David Lodge. On my "Campus Novels" list. Kindle deal, five bucks for three novels.
  • The English Experience, by Julie Schumacher. Loved her other two. 
  • Started Early, Took My Dog, by Kate Atkinson. I will literally buy any of her novels. Especially at two bucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024

 Another month flew by. I'm kinda peopled-out. Books read: The Doctor is Sick , by Anthony Burgess. One of his best. What a screwed up d...