Thursday, October 27, 2022

Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson

 What a great read! My SIL picked this for our family book club and I'm so glad she did. Why did I not read this as a youth? What a fantastic, exciting, adventurous novel. The kid was the hero. And so brave...

To be clear, I listened to it, and narrator Richard Williams was wonderful. He did great voices, especially for Long John Silver and Captain Flint /snort/. Audible, oh how I <3 you.

I'm not going to do any spoilers. Most people know this book, have read it or seen some sort of cinematic adaptation of it. (I haven't, but might try to find one. Which movie is best?) 

October's been slow for me, reading-wise. I've been terribly into houseplants lately and have been reading books on that subject. (Which I may or may not review, but I'm not fully reading them; more like poking around in them.) I've also been busy with language study (still Serbian/Croatian) so that's been a drag on my time. I am just about done with an Alastair Reynolds, which I'll review here soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...