Friday, April 1, 2022

March 2022

 Didn't read as many this month, mostly due to the Burgess I just finished. Yeah, finished on 1 April, so will have to wait...

  • Carry On, Jeeves, by PG Wodehouse. Great example of Wodehouse's humor. I mean: humour.
  • Artemis, by Andy Weir. Horrible sophomore effort. Too cutesy. Too inclusive.
  • War Music, by Christopher Logue. The most incredible thing ever. Anachronisms peppered throughout that just are wonderful. I read this years ago and listened to it this time around and it was wonderful. 
  • Something Light, by Margery Sharp. Brand new favorite author. I've since bought a few more (see below).
  • Rabbit Run, by John Updike. Hated it. Ok, didn't hate the writing, hated the character.
And here are my purchases for March:

  • Confronting the Classics, by Mary Beard. Love me the classics. 
  • The Big Book of Science Fiction, ed. VanderMeer. A dollar. 
  • Antkind, by Charlie Kaufman. Friend read this and liked it. Then it came up for two bucks. 
  • When Books Went to War, by Molly Guptill Manning. Two things I love to read about.
  • Honey for the Bears, by Anthony Burgess. Two bucks. 
  • The Doctor is Sick, by Burgess. Two bucks. 
  • Usher's Passing, by Robert McCammon. This was a possible back when I was picking a horror for our family book club, but it was too expensive. But guess what: two bucks!
  • Harlequin House, by Margery Sharp. 
  • The Stone of Chastity, by Margery Sharp.
  • Britannia Mews, by Margery Sharp. Told ya.
  • Tactical Exercise, by Evelyn Waugh. Never knew of this one.
  • Such Darling Dodos, by Angus Wilson. Heard great things about him. This'll be my first. 
  • Morte d'Urban, by JF Powers. My favorite of his two.
  • Wheat the Springeth Green, by Powers. I had to have first editions of his two novels. 
Language-wise, still reading some Esperanto books. Just successfully finished another Esperanto Sumoo. Middle Egyptian is progressing: we're half-way done and beginning past tense. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...