Saturday, April 23, 2022

Laughing Gas, by PG Wodehouse

 Laughing Gas was the April pick for the FB Wodehouse Reading Group. I'd never read it again. And wow, why had I waited so long.

Spoilers:

Had no idea Wodehouse had written a Freaky Friday-esque novel. This was so damn funny I couldn't believe it. You've got Hollywood, a kid actor, two beauties, a bumbling alcoholic cousin, and an earl. What else do you need in a book? Well, of course you need the 12-year old actor and the earl to switch bodies!

Spoilers, what little there were, are at an end.

I can't say much more about this, except that I wish I owned this book. (I listened to it in Audible.) The narrator was Jonathan Cecil and he was incredible. The voices were amazing. I really must consider all future Wodehouse reads on Audible...



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...