Monday, January 3, 2022

Slaughterhouse 5

 So it goes...

Embarrassingly, this is the first and only Vonnegut I've ever read. I know, I know. But I always thought he was stuffy, or pretentious. No idea why. Then my wife told me, "He pretty much writes sci-fi," and I got intrigued. 

So when it was my turn in the family book club to choose, I decided to choose his most famous. Or at least most known. And wow, was it ever good.

And certainly could be considered sci-fi. Or at least speculative fiction. And not just because of Tramalfadore

Probably everyone reading this, all two or three of you, already know this book. I'm glad to include myself in your group. And I can't wait to read another of his. (Sirens of Titan, perhaps?)

I love WWII books, memoirs, and SF. How did I never read this book before? Or any Vonnegut. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...