Thursday, December 30, 2021

80 Books!

 I managed 80 books for 2021, thanks to some short ones here at the end. 


So many good reads (get it?!) in that list there. Both Kate Atkinsons were incredible. Are her other books as good? China Mieville's The City & the City was simply wow. The Japanese detective book Six Four, was excellent, and is making me yearn for another Japanese mystery. And Bright Lights, Big City...what an awakening: a book entirely in second person can be good. Not just good, but great!

In among those 80 are only six books in a language other than English, which is surprising. But those six books represent three different languages: Russian (Harry Potter), German (Mozart and a different Harry Potter), and Esperanto (Kromosomoj, Medalionoj and Atenco).

Challenges-wise, I failed miserably on the Dewey Decimal Challenge. In fact, I didn't read many non-fiction this year, compared to 2020. Looking above, only 22 were non-fiction. The Classics Challenge, which I just joined, required me to read 50 classics over a 5-year period. I've read three so far, Wuthering Heights, Empire of the Sun, and The Penguin Book of Modern British Short Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024

 Another month flew by. I'm kinda peopled-out. Books read: The Doctor is Sick , by Anthony Burgess. One of his best. What a screwed up d...