Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Exit Strategy, or Murderbot #4

 Read the fourth Murderbot, thanks again to the local library's digital holdings. So glad I can find these gems that way. The next one is on Kindle Unlimited, so I'll get #5 there in a few days.

As for Exit Strategy, the story concerns finding several exit strategies, and the reader is brought down one in particular that turns out not to be Murderbot's usual way out. And I was glad. Characters from the first story are back, and for that I'm also glad. Murderbot may, also, be glad. Or so it seems.

Not sure what it is about these books, but they keep pulling me in. They are short, each about 170-odd pages long. Very action packed. Quick moving. Murderbot, itself, is an attractive protagonist. The author, Martha Wells, appears to mostly write fantasy. Not sure how those books are or if I'll ever try them. But she's hooked me with this artificial construct* and its hacked governor. Thank you ma'am!


*In searching for the words to describe Murderbot, I found that Ms. Wells has written a short story between Exit Strategy and #5 (Network Effect). This reminds me of James SA Corey's Expanse short stories. Here's hoping Ms. Wells writes more Murderbot stories, short or otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...