Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Red Dust, by Yoss

 We read Red Dust in our family book club. My first Cuban scifi book, it was okay. Reminded me a bit of Redshirts for its broken fourth wall-esque forays. Don't think I'll read anymore of him, though.

Spoilers follow:

Kind of a play on Asimov's detective duo Baley and Olivaw, combining criminal/law enforcement like 48 Hours. In fact, that movie and books/movies like it are mentioned. Which reminds one of Ready Player One

Spoilers done.

Really not to my liking. Not enough that I'll seek Yoss out again. Story was too simple, conflict too simply solved, and not unique enough to hold my interest. It was short, though, blessedly!



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...