Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Point Omega, by Delillo

 Point Omega is my third Don Delillo read and I gotta say: What the hell? First two dealing with death (Zero K which was great, and White Noise, which was depressing) and now this one dealing with...death. Of a more horrible version. 

Not sure why I keep going back to Delillo. Maybe because his writing is excellent? I mean, he knows the craft of writing. This one I read through Audible, the only reason I could read both Point Omega and my family book club read Red Dust. Two very different genres and writing styles.

First off, WTF is point omega? I didn't want to look it up in case it gave anything away. According to Wikipedia, omega point is a supposed future where everything in the universe comes to a point. Delillo reversed the order of the words, so is he maybe saying everything in the narrator's universe is coming apart? Possibly. But that's me attempting to analyze something when I hate analyzing literature. 

Still, I'll probably read more of him in the future. Why not? The world is lacking in good modern literature. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...