Monday, December 20, 2021

Leviathan Falls, the last Expanse novel...

 ...or is it?

Spoilers follow:

The Epilogue itself makes me wonder if those wonder authors who make up James SA Corey are thinking of another series. 

I loved The Expanse. I read Leviathan Rises years ago, and then one insomniac night in Kyrgyzstan I found something called The Expanse to watch. The first few minutes, character Julie Mao stuck in a closet, a few drops of water keeping her alive, I thought: Holy shit, this seems familiar. Why? Well, I had read it years before. 

And I kept reading. I read all the books as they came out (even #5, which wasn't the best). And here is #9, the last. It certainly ended The Expanse that everyone knows. Granted, for some of us, the series ended when Bobbie Draper was killed. She was my favorite. The Expanse book #2 beginning, when Bobbie is introduced, is one of the best intros of any book I've ever read. 

Spoilers done.

If you want a solid, well thought out, epic sci-fi series, read The Expanse. Same if you want a great tv series. This is a case of the TV and book both being as good. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...