Saturday, December 18, 2021

13 more days!

 Til the 31st, and my deadline for my 2021 reading. I challenged myself to reading 75 books this year and I'm at 73 now. I'm about 65% in the final Expanse book, about 33% in the Nick Hornby book. I went to the library today after finding two great lists at Lithub.

50 Classics under 200 pages and 50 Contemporary Classics under 200 pages. I came out of the Alexandria library today with: Fat City, by L. Gardner; A Single Man, by C. Isherwood; The Postman Always Rings Twice, by J. Cain; and Point Omega, by D. DeLillo. All are short, and look great. I've read DeLillo and Isherwood before, but not the others. Which should I read? 






I've read DeLillo's White Noise (depressing) and Zero K (creative), Liked them both. And Isherwood's Mr. Norris Changes Trains. So good. Waugh, but gay. Never read Cain. Maybe he'll be good? And Fat City? I'm constantly being asked questions about boxing (the name, apparently, is enough for others to presume I know about the sport), so why not read The boxing book? I've learned a lot about cricket reading Wodehouse, so why not read Gardner? 

We'll see what I pick after Leviathan Falls





No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024

 Another month flew by. I'm kinda peopled-out. Books read: The Doctor is Sick , by Anthony Burgess. One of his best. What a screwed up d...