Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Swarm no more

 I dumped The Swarm. Just got too preachy. Yes, I agree science and industry should get together, should work together. Yes, military and science should work together. Stop telling me.

It got to be too much. In the book two scientists (of the three I'd met by then) were talking to each other, repeating over and over again how science needs to work together with the oil industry. Yes, we get it. I withstood it for a few pages, but it finally became obvious I was hearing the author speaking instead of the two scientists. I don't need that. Even though the premise of this book intrigued me. 

So, sadly, my #GermanLitMonth is over. I'm off to my family book club's current choice, Phantoms, by Dean Koontz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So many books...

 ...and even a language! Good Lord I've read so much since last posting! Will post in less than a week my "March 2024" post so...