Sunday, June 11, 2023

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, by Robert Heinlein

 I read this book in the late '80s/early '90s, in my sci-fi fever. I read all the classics at that point and loved them all. 

What was wrong with me?

Family book club read Stranger in a Strange Land a couple years ago. Equally horrible. Same with Ringworld. Why didn't I see it? Is it my age? My reading of the past decades change my attitudes or expectations? I equally thought Into the Stars was terrible, and it is recent, so... 

This one though? Preachy. Like John Galt's famous speech, all 98 pages of it (does anyone actually read it all?), but spread over 380+ pages. Terrible. 

Save yourself. Read Alastair Reynolds instead. Start with Revelation Space and enjoy the ride!



No comments:

Post a Comment

April 2024

 Another month flew by. I'm kinda peopled-out. Books read: The Doctor is Sick , by Anthony Burgess. One of his best. What a screwed up d...