Saturday, May 27, 2023

99 Novels

 Had to buy this book. First off, it is written by Anthony Burgess. Best author. Secondly, it is filled with suggested novels. I can't not look at a book that recommends books for me to read. 

Turns out I already read 12 of the novels Burgess recommends. The Waughs and Greenes were easy. I've read all of them (as far as I know). I "boxed" a few dozen that I intend on reading. Once done, I'll check that box. And I'll blog about it, of course.

Herman Wouk, I already found his The Caine Mutiny on Audible and that'll be my next Audible read. The Once and Future King, of course, I've been wanting to read for years. I think it is also available on Audible. And of course the Muriel Spark novels on the list. Love that author. Nevil Shute's novel (No Highway) in this list I will check out. Isherwood. Wonderful. I also have one of the Malamud (The Assistant) already, so that'll be an easy choice. And Mary McCarthy's The Groves of Academe has been on my list for a couple years. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...