Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Is it time?

Is it time for another Stephen King? The wife and I were talking today about the seemingly over-reaction to the threat of Isaias's winds coming this way and we thought of Storm of the Century. I had forgotten about the movie, but never read the book. My wife read the book and loved it. 

Got me thinking. I'm not your usual King reader. I've only read four of his, and only two of them I could say are typical ones that every King reader has read: The Stand and The Dead Zone. Loved them both. Tried Misery years ago and just couldn't get very far. However, Under the Dome and Sleeping Beauties I absolutely loved. Pretty much, I love all four of his I've read.

(As for the TV/movie adaptations, the miniseries for The Stand is still watchable and one of my favorites. All the actors were great! The Dead Zone was just magnificent; I just rewatched it last year after finishing the book. Under the Dome, however...yuck. They managed to ruin it. Boo.)

But should I read more? We got to talking and I think I've settled on Needful Things as my next King read, whenever that'll be. 

Currently, I'm reading Money for Nothing as the August read for the P.G. Wodehouse Book Club on FB. And when I say reading what I mean is listening to the book on Audible. Love the speaker and his American accents. In book form, and by book form I mean Kindle, I'm reading the Arkady Renko #2 Polar Star. Damn I love Martin Cruz Smith. Great writer. And in the non-fiction world I'm reading Nancy Mulvany's Indexing Books, for my class on back-of-the-book indexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...