Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Harry Potter

I'm about one third done with Croatian Harry Potter and so far so good. I'm getting more and more of the vocab. I've also added in a basic text of Croatian to review my grammar: I'm decided between Teach Yourself, Colloquial, and Magner's Intro. 

I've got audio for Magner and Colloquial is free online. I've found the Teach Yourself online, but it is "Complete Croatian" and my actual book is "Teach Yourself Croatian." I'll check tomorrow if the audio syncs up. The Colloquial is pretty close; my book is "Colloquial Croatian & Serbian" while online it is "Colloquial Croatian." So far in Lesson 1, one dialogue that is marked in the book as being on the cassette tape isn't on the online audio. And some words are different, but not enough to worry about. 

Magner is pretty good. Used it during Turbo-Serbo at DLI. Good text if you can find it cheap. Two thumbs up.

In Coptic news, we're on the fourth week for lesson 1. Most of us have already submitted our homework, due this coming Sunday. All next week we'll be reading lesson 2. All three pages. Yes, it's slow, but that's ok. Lesson 2 is covering indefinite articles, plural and singular, which are weird in Coptic, surely. And genitive. Then we'll have 4 weeks (yes, FOUR) to complete the exercises. Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...