Monday, May 18, 2020

20 Books of Summer

I'm at about 33 books for the year so far. My speed has improved over the years, pages-per-hour that is. But I just saw a challenge come up on some of the book blogs, the 20 Books of Summer. Can I read 20 books from 1 June to 1 September? Hmm...


One can "just" read 10 or 15 books, and can change their challenge through the challenge, so maybe I'll only read 15. We'll see.

As for what books I'm going to read? These are definite:


Harry Potter i kamen mudraca, the first Harry Potter in Croatian.


Death of a Dissident, because Russia Soviet Union.


The Girl on the Boat, because I somehow have two copies of this. I'll read one and donate it, keeping the other in my Collector's Wodehouse shelf.


The Makioka Sisters, because this was a March read-along among the book blogs, and I had it on reserve at our library for weeks. Then COVID happened and I never got to read it. I believe our library will open soon, so when I get this book I'm gonna read it. #MakiokaSistersRead2020


Utopia Avenue, because I like David Mitchell (all but his last one).


Wheat that Springeth Green, because I just read his Morte D'Urban and loved it. Want to try another of his.

Other than that, I'm up for anything. Probably will read the Sword of Hono(u)r trilogy of Evelyn Waugh because it's been a few years and I love it. Also might be able to fit in the second Harry Potter in Croatian during the summer, who knows.

#20booksofsummer20

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...