Thursday, February 17, 2022

The Good Soldier

 This was my first Ford Maddox Ford. I have Parade's End on my 5-year classics list. This one was...interesting. 

Was he a good soldier? Not too sure. But is adultery okay if your spouse isn't "into" the marriage act? If the marriage was pre-arranged? And if the wife wasn't all that against it? I don't know. But what is it about Brits that there are constantly affairs? You can't watch a Midsomer Murder episode with, yes, a murder, but also a married couple breaking the vows?

FMF sure could describe characters. Probably the best descriptions I'd ever read in a book. Do I like this book? Meh! I'll still read, or start to read, Parade's End



No comments:

Post a Comment

So many books...

 ...and even a language! Good Lord I've read so much since last posting! Will post in less than a week my "March 2024" post so...