Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Memories of the Space Age, by JG Ballard

 I'm reading The Penguin Book of Modern Short Stories for the Classic Club's CC Spin #28. Last night I read the best short story in the book (so far). By JG Ballard, the story is called Memories of the Space Age. So creative, so Ballardesque (so much psychological stuff). The creepiest story, so far, is Dylan Thomas's The Burning Baby


Possibilities for next book include Ten Years in the Tub by Nick Hornby, Short Stories by JF Powers, Red Dust by Yost (sister-in-law's pick for family book club), Leviathan Falls by James SA Corey (if my son finishes it first). And OMG what is the "Expanse #2.6" I just saw when I was searching for books. How have I not ever read that one!?






#ccspin #ccwhatimreading

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...