Wednesday, December 23, 2020

2020 Reading Challenge complete!

 Just finished The Monks of War, and thus have finished both my 2020 Reading Challenge (70 books) and my Dewey Decimal Challenge.

I had originally set 80 for my reading goal, I believe, and was on tap to exceed that, what with COVID shutting down most other fun things. But I'm working a lot now so my reading slowed down. I put away 23,461 pages, the longest, no surprise, being W&P. The shortest was the Diaries of Adam and Eve at 72 pages. (W&P at 1298.) 

For the Dewey Decimal Challenge, where I wanted to read one book in each "century" (000-099, 100-199, etc), I read at least one in each, but for a few, I read more than one book: 300s (The Medieval Machine and The Pursuit of Power); 400s (International Planned Languages, Serendipities, and How to Learn Any Language); 600s (Leaving Earth, You are Your Own Gym, and Strong Advice); 700s (The Naked Nude, The Nude, and Long Distance Swimming); 800s (The Fatal Eggs and Sexual Personae); and 11 books in the 900s (not gonna list them all, but tops of this almost-dozen had to be Story of a Secret State). 

I read five books not in English. Three in Esperanto, one in Russian and one in Croatian. Not too shabby.







No comments:

Post a Comment

March 2024

 Where'd March go?  Books read: The Man Who Walked Like a Bear , by Stuart Kaminsky. Porfiry Rostnikov number 6. Love this character. Wi...